Monday 14 March 2011

Mental health magazines that already exist

Uncovered Magazine
I don't like the covers of these magazines.  It is cluttered and also rather boring. I don't understand what they are trying to tell me as a consumer by displaying a woman standing in a breeze near the beach. I don't find this magazine very inspirational at all.  

ONEinFOUR
This magazine claims to be an innovative publication which challenges peoples views on the subject of mental health.  It also aims to get people with a range of mental health conditions motivated to strive for a fulfilling and exciting life.  When you take a look at the magazine it doesn't reflect the subject matter at all.  I don't think the style particularly suits the topic.  However I am aware that it is not meant to be a dark and disturbing look at the conditions featured.  Therefore a cleaner and simpler style has been adopted.  I don't particularly like these pages and I think the images are rather cliche and the design isn't particularly inspiring.  I do like what they are trying to achieve with the magazine though! And the cover is a lot more interesting than that of the previous magazine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment