Monday 14 March 2011

Logo development








I started off wanting to play on the 1 in 4 statistic.  I decided I wanted to call the series labelled as that is what happens to people with mental health disorders.  So firstly I stated to change one of the speech marks into a different colour as this would be the one in four that had mental health problems- the one in four that is labelled.  I even considered not having any letters inbetween the speech marks so that the speech marks could be the logo that could be placed in places where the full logo was not necessary.  

Next I moved onto just having a 4 letter title and turning one of the four letter a different colour.  I tried this in different fonts before coming across Mindfields.  I really like this one.  I liked the fact it was a bit more abstract and hard to read, just like mental health issues, theyre not all easy to tell from the outside.  I then also changed the idea of one letter being a different colour for exactly the same reason.  One in four people may very well have mental health problems, but it is not as blatant, noticeable and 'in your face' as people may think.  

No comments:

Post a Comment